Unbelievable! How Ex-Bauchi Governor Allegedly Withdrew N1bn in One Day

The former governor of Bauchi state has come under fire after he was accused of withdrawing N1billion in a single day.

Former governor of Bauchi State, Alhaji Isah Yuguda
The Governor of Bauchi State, Alhaji Muhammad Abubakar, has made shocking revelation how the former governor of the state, Alhaji Isah Yuguda, withdrew N1bn from one of the state’s accounts in a single day.
He made the claim while briefing newsmen in Abuja on Wednesday.
According to him, N1bn was withdrawn from one of the state government’s accounts with multiple N10m cheques.
He said, “I always feel shy of churning out figures I am not certain of. All I can say is definitely, there will be great revelations because the little I have seen, for example, I know of a situation in which in one day the sum of N1bn was taken out of one account of the government with N10m cheques.
“Several N10m cheques but I would not be able to put a figure on the total recovery because like I said, the work of the committee is ongoing.”
But in a swift reply, the former governor has denied all these allegations.
Punch reports that one of the former governor’s aide described Abubakar’s assertions as part of a smear campaign.
He said, “This has become the strategy of the present administration, it wants to divert attention from its failings. Since it has set up a committee to probe, let them probe. We will advise them to avoid a witch-hunt.
“From what the governor has said, it is clear that a script has been prepared to ensure that the outcome of this probe indicts the Yuguda administration.”
Governor Abubakar has insisted that he would probe the immediate past administration because a lot of money that was paid into the coffers of the state could not be accounted for.
Abubakar stressed that there was nothing to show for the N2bn ecological funds which the Federal Government gave to all the PDP states during the last administration.
He lamented that the former administration which was in power for eight years did not do anything with the huge amount of resources that was received by the state during the period.
The governor also commented on the recent directive to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to prospect for oil in the state, explaining that he was at the NNPC to rekindle attention on the issue which had been abandoned for years.
According to him, the Shell Petroleum Development Company and Chevron Nigeria Limited struck oil in the state but left because it was not in commercial quantity.
He insisted that it was pertinent for more efforts to be made to make further discovery in accordance with standard practice.
He added that the multinational oil firms struck gas in OPL 809 which according to him was the fuel for the future

You may also like...

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *