A raging fire has destroyed several goods in a Kano market worth millions of naira putting the owners in a state of wailing and despair.
An early morning fire on Saturday destroyed shops at Sabon-Gari Market, Kano.
This is the second fire incident in the last four months with the first destroying hundreds of shops and property worth billions of Naira.
Eyewitness said the fire, which affected shops belonging to meat, fish and vegetables sellers, started around 5 a.m.
Men of the State Fire Service, were however, able to control the inferno before it spread to other parts of the market.
When contacted, the State Director of Fire Service, Mustapha Rilwan, said the fire, which started around 5 a.m, destroyed many stalls.
“The affected shops were made up of shift but our people were able to put off the fire in time.
“The fire was said to have been caused by some people believed to have been cooking in the market.”