The name of the candidate of the Ali Modu Sheriff-led faction of the PDP, was conspicuously missing in the INEC list of candidates participating in the September 10 governorship election in Edo State.
INEC chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu
In an official statement signed by INEC’s Head of Legal Services, Mathew Ugwuocha, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Monday in Benin, released a list of 19 political parties that would participate in the Sept. 10 governorship election in Edo State.
The list which contained the names of candidates being fielded by the various political parties, includes; 19 male governorship candidates, 15 male running mates and four female running mates.
The governorship candidates with female running mates are;
1. Thompson Osadolor (KOWA) – Florence Okundaye
2. Adviser Nowamagbe (UPP) – Okosun Davis
3. Ishaka Ofemile (AA) – Nancy Ewemade
4. Ukonga Frank (NNPP) – Emodogo Eweha
Other governorship candidates includes;
1. Osagie Ize-Iyamu (PDP) – John Yakubu as running mate
2. Godwin Obaseki (APC) – Philip Shaibu as running mate.
The name of Mathew Iduoriyekwemwen the candidate of the Ali Modu Sheriff-led faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), was conspicuously missing in the list of candidates participating in the September 10 governorship election in Edo.