EXPOSED: $400,000 Paid To Give Buhari’s Victory To Jonathan

EFCC investigators have discovered that about N4billion was channeled through the account which a former Finance Minister, Mrs. Nenadi Usman operated for campaign funds purposes.

A substantial part of the funds was disbursed to PDP chieftains ahead of last year’s general elections.

Mrs Usman, who has been detained since last Thursday, is being interrogated in the Lagos office.

An EFCC source said: “There are many issues which she ought to respond to but there is a subsisting directive given to FCT courts to stop granting remand warrant to EFCC. If the anti-graft agency does not detain for a while, the ongoing investigation will be disrupted.

“The EFCC is not after perpetual detention but it needs time to dig into facts available to it.

For instance, the account provided by Nenadi Usman had over N4billion from different depositors, including individuals and organisations. The list of those who made funds available ought to be screened by the EFCC.”

On the fate of Mr. Azibaola Roberts (Goodluck Jonathan’s cousin) who has been detained over $40m (N12.7b) obtained from the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), the source said: “He was also moved to Lagos to be able to complete ongoing investigation.”

“You know he was arrested in respect of payment of $40million by ONSA for a contract which was tagged as purchase of tactical equipment for Special Forces.

But the cash was actually disbursed by ONSA to pacify militants in the Niger Delta.”

Also, the EFCC is investigating a former Minister for allegedly collecting $400,000 (over N120million) from the Office of the National Security Adviser(ONSA) to alter the results of the presidential election from Yobe, Borno, Bauchi, Adamawa, Gombe and Kano.

The cash is believed to have been allocated to bribe election officials.

But the ex-minister diverted the cash into personal commitments instead of using it to bribe officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to falsify the results.

All attempts by the administration of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan to retrieve the money from the former minister before the May 29, 2015, handover date failed.

The ex-minister is said to have obtained the huge amount from ONSA without any “justifiable” purpose.

– See more at: http://www.naijaloaded.com.ng/2016/04/25/exposed-400000-paid-give-buharis-victory-jonathan/#sthash.pUxKoG7C.dpuf

You may also like...

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *